Sa’s Mum wanted the recipe for the Pesto sauce we made when she visited – you can find it here. This was a trial with hydroponically grown red basil, and it was delicious. Love the American sizes BTW – anyone want to guess what the right amount of basil is, when it is measured in ‘cups’ – is that compressed leaves, bouncy leaves, chopped leaves, something else? I reckon you could have a 10:1 error by using different guesses – really, what is wrong with a weight? Anyway, if anyone wants to try it, we packed the leaves in and it was lovely. We also tried it with green (normal) basil at the same time – it was quite a different flavour. The general view was that the red basil one was nicer than the green, but the green was super and much much better than some Asda shop-bought pesto we had around … though Alan disagreed and liked the shop-bought best.
- Horstmann T50 thermostrat time setting
- How to change time on Danfoss TP5000
- UK is averagely obese (ish), NOT the second most obese country in Europe
- Scottish referendum was a good idea done badly
- Removing the IR lights in a Foscam FI9805W
- Fixing our Bosch ‘1 minute remaining’ dishwasher issue
- Dry ice ice cream
- Protected: Christmas 2011
- Playing with custard
- Press guilty as charged over crap survey (yet again)
- Superb lunch at Sat Bains development kitchen
- The Girl …
- Duck pond (not)
- AVing a bias?