Alan is doing some GCSE history coursework on Russian history – Lenin, Stalin, the Soviet era and the like. It was only in discussing it with him, and chalenging him on some points he made about Trotsky, that I realised that Trotsky was pretty much a good guy (at least vs. Stalin). Stalin’s consistent, though apparently completely fictitious, demonisation plus my lack of knowledge has managed to leak through the decades to leave me with a completely incorrect view of that period. I feel embarrased at my lack of knowledge – anyone know any good histories of the Soviet era? I clearly need to get historied up!
- Horstmann T50 thermostrat time setting
- How to change time on Danfoss TP5000
- UK is averagely obese (ish), NOT the second most obese country in Europe
- Scottish referendum was a good idea done badly
- Removing the IR lights in a Foscam FI9805W
- Fixing our Bosch ‘1 minute remaining’ dishwasher issue
- Dry ice ice cream
- Protected: Christmas 2011
- Playing with custard
- Press guilty as charged over crap survey (yet again)
- Superb lunch at Sat Bains development kitchen
- The Girl …
- Duck pond (not)
- AVing a bias?